Categories of hosting services
A hosting service is connected with hoarding and/or sharing given content on a hosting server hosted by a web hosting supplier. There are different types of hosting services utilized for various aims, so let's examine them. In that way, you can conclude what you want, based on whether you desire to launch a site, email aliases, or to share files with buddies and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service supplied by various vendors, which lets you share immense files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only function is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free-of-charge file hosting packages often involve adverts beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a given period of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you have a paid file storage package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limit in regard to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the help of the cPanel hosting suppliers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly twisted explanation of the actual meaning of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would divide the load between autonomous packs of hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending various website hosting services (electronic mail, data storage, stats, DNS, databases, web site hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is just a type of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; given companies offer a hosting solution for images exclusively. This hosting variant is good if you would like to share a large quantity of pictures with friends or partners since the solution is typically free. You will receive a randomly generated link for every picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be used for sites.
- Email hosting: a solution devoted to tackling your email box accounts. Some companies provide web space hosting solutions for sites, but do not offer an email service. If you want to open an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to own a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you require. You can set up email box accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a specific video file, or you can embed the video file in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this approach in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video file generates a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a few videos and several hundred web page viewers, you may have trouble with your web hosting reserves. Embedding the video will permit you to keep as many video clips as you want to without bothering about system reserves.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you need if you wish to run a website. To some degree, it incorporates all of the aforesaid hosting forms since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can run databases and e-mail accounts, upload videos, and so on. At gruppopaosoft, for instance, you can have a glance at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting solutions that allow you to get all of the aforementioned solutions in one place. There may be limitations based on the form of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your hosting account may be better or worse in comparison with the routine e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are made for specific content solely.